The eagle of the Ninth / Rosemary Sutcliff ; illustrated by C. Walter Hodges.
- Sutcliff, Rosemary [author]
- Centenary edition.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press 2020
292 pages : illustrations, map ; 20 cm
- 9780192777591 (pbk)
- 0192777599 (pbk)
- Hodges, C. Walter (Cyril Walter) 1909-2004 [illustrator]
- Children's stories.
- Historical fiction.
- still image
- A young centurion ventures among the hostile tribes beyond the Roman Wall to recover the eagle standard of the Ninth, a legion which mysteriously disappeared under his father's command.
- When the Ninth Legion marched into the mists of northern Britain-they were never seen again. Four thousand men disappeared and their eagle standard was lost. Now, young Roman officer Marcus Flavius Aquilla is on a journey to uncover the fate of the Ninth Legion, and his missing father.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||YKL.2022.a.7463|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: Order from Library Storage Facility (Not borrowable)|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||PB5.221.46/3|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2019 LDA 11213|
|University of Nottingham Libraries: Hallward Library|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Bodleian Library||XWeek 49 (20)|