- Eagle (2011)
- U.K. : Universal Pictures c2011
- 8280772, Universal
- Title from disc label.
- Based on the novel The eagle of the ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff.
- Originally released as a motion picture: 2011.
- Bonus features: Commentary with director Kevin Macdonald; alternate ending; deleted scenes; The eagle: the making of a Roman epic.
- Director, Kevin Macdonald ; writer, Jeremy Brock ; producer, Duncan Kenworthy ; music, Atli Örvarsson ; editor, Justine Wright ; director of photography, Anthony Dod Mantle.
- Performed by: Channing Tatum, Jamie Bell, Donald Sutherland, Mark Strong.
- System details: DVD Regions 2 and 4 PAL.
- In English, with optional subtitles in English or Spanish.
- Sutcliff, Rosemary. Eagle of the ninth.
- two-dimensional moving image
- Kevin Macdonald directs this lavish historical action adventure based on the children's novel 'The Eagle of the Ninth' by Rosemary Sutcliff. Channing Tatum stars as Marcus Aquila, a young Roman soldier in 140 AD Roman-occupied England, who sets out to honour his father's memory by tracking down the long-missing Roman Ninth Legion in which his dad once served. Accompanied only by his British slave, Esca (Jamie Bell), Marcus travels beyond Hadrian's Wall into the uncharted highlands of Caledonia to confront its savage tribes and retrieve the lost legion's golden emblem, the Eagle of the Ninth.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Birmingham Libraries: Main Library, DVDs English||PN1999.M131|
|University of Liverpool Library: Sydney Jones Library||EAG||1|
|University of Liverpool Library: Sydney Jones Library||EAG||0|
|UCL Library Services: UCL Main Library||DVD GBR:MAC|