The silver branch / Rosemary Sutcliff, illustrated by Charles Keeping.
- Sutcliff, Rosemary [author]
- London : Oxford University Press 1957
- Sequel to 'The Eagle of the Ninth'.
- Carnegie Medal runner-up 1957.
- Saxon shore -- Whisper down the wind -- House on the cliffs -- Sea wolf -- Nightshade! -- Evicatos of the spear -- 'To the fates, that they may be kind' -- feast of Samhain -- Sign of the dolphin -- Berenice sails for Gaul -- Shadow -- Sprig of broom -- Silver branch -- Ancient ensign -- Return to the legions -- 'Carausius! Carausius!' -- Eagle in the flames -- Triumphal garlands.
- A young Roman army medical officer, sent to Britain during the period of waning Roman rule, befriends a kinsman with whom he shares an adventure of intrigue, exile, and underground activity with the Lost Ninth Legion.
Holdings information at the University of Edinburgh Libraries
Live circulation data is not available.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Availability|
|Moray House Library - Children's Lending||PR6037.U936 Sut.|
More details about: University of Edinburgh Libraries