The gospel according to Cane / by Courttia Newland.
- London : Telegram 2013
- 9781846591587 (electronic bk.)
- 1846591589 (electronic bk.)
- Other format: Also issued online.
- Description based on print version record.
- Electronic books.
- Beverley Cottrell had a dream life: a prestigious job, a beautiful husband and baby boy. This is stolen from her one winter afternoon when her son Malakay is kidnapped from a parked car. Despite a media campaign, a full police investigation, and the offer of a reward, Malakay is never found. Beverley's marriage soon dissolves and her husband immigrates from England to the U.S. with a new wife. Beverley gives up her job, sells the house, and moves from the leafy suburbs to the inner city to reside in a west London housing project. She cocoons herself in grief, growing more isolated with each passing year. After two decades she gives up any hope of finding her son. She teaches children who have been expelled from school in the local community center, bright kids thrown on society's scrap heap. Beverley starts to believe she has finally pieced her life together--until a young man starts appearing wherever she goes. Beverley is convinced that he's stalking her. One dark evening the stalker gets past her security door and calls through her letterbox. He tells her not to be scared. He says that he is Malakay, her son.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|Birkbeck, University of London Library: Contact the Library||829 NEW3 GOS|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||H.2013/.9235|
|Brunel University London Library: Shelves - floor 2||PR6064.E89G67 2013|
|University of Liverpool Library: Contact University of Liverpool Library||LR.F.NEW||1|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||PB5.213.856/2|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2013 LDA 14455|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Bodleian Library||XWeek 27 (13)|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Harris Manchester College Library: Tate Library, Library of Congress Classification||PR6064.E89 NEW 2013|
|University of Southampton Library||Online location|
|University of Southampton Library: Internet||PR6064.E89|
|University of Southampton Library: Hartley Library||PR 6114.E85|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Santry Book Repository||PB-341-201|
|University of Westminster: Regent Library, Books||823.92|