The wise virgin: or, A wonderful narration of the various dispensations of God towards a childe of eleven years of age : wherein, as his severity hath appeared in afflicting, so also his goodness both in enabling her (when stricken dumb, deaf, and blinde, through the prevalency of her disease) at several times to utter many glorious truths, concerning Christ, faith, and other subjects; and also in recovering her without the use of any external means, least the glory should be given to any other. To the wonderment of many that came far and near to see and hear her. With some observations in the fourth year since her recovery. Shee is the daughter of Mr. Anthony Hatfield Gentleman, in Laughton in York shire; her name is Martha Hatfield. The fifth edition enlarged, with some passages of her gracious conversation now in the time of her health. By James Fisher, a servant of Christ, and late minister of the Gospel in Sheffield.
- Fisher, James minister of the Gospel in Sheffield.
- London : printed for Charles Tyus, at the three Bibles on London Bridge MDCLXIV. 
- Reproduction available: Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. University Microfilms International, 1981. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 1187:25).
- Available in electronic full text to members of the University via the Library web catalogue.
- Referenced by: Wing (2nd ed.) F1008
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Bradford||Online location|
|University of Bradford: J B Priestley Library|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Cambridge University Library: Order to Rare Books Reading Room, follow signs to Alpha staircase, First Floor, not borrowable||7.42.80|
|Historical Texts||Online location||Access via Historical Texts|