Shalom baby / by Rikki Beadle-Blair.
- Beadle-Blair, Rikki [author]
- London : Oberon Books 2011
- Allows access with no restrictions on access.
- First performed at Theatre Royal Stratford East on Thursday 20 October 2011.
- Print version record.
- Front Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Contents; Chapter.
- Abstract: In 1930s Berlin -- an intriguing city of jazz and underground cabaret overpowered by the rise of Hitler and World War II -- the daughter of a Jewish family falls in love with their black shabbes goy (a term used for those who assist Jews on the Sabbath with tasks forbidden to Jews within Jewish law). Fast-forward to the tale of a mixed-race couple in seemingly unprejudiced modern-day Brooklyn, where the same family is coping with a number of calamities. Shalom Baby is a touching and very funny exploration of love, family and friendship.
Holdings information at the University of Leeds Library
Requesting live circulation data...Live circulation data is not available.Displaying live circulation data.
Link to external resource:
More details about: University of Leeds Library