An imaginary tale : the story of [the square root of minus one] / Paul J. Nahin.
- Story of [the square root of minus one]
- Story of [square root] -1
- [Updated ed.]
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press 2007
- 0691127980 (pbk)
- 9780691127989 (pbk)
- 0691027951 (cloth)
- 9780691027951 (cloth)
- On title-page "[the square root of minus one]" appears as a radical over "-1."
- Includes indexes.
- "Fifteenth printing and first paperback edition with a new preface and appendixes by the author, 2007" - back of title-page.
- First published: 1998.
- Puzzles of imaginary numbers -- First try at understanding the geometry of (the square root of minus one) -- Puzzles start to clear -- Using complex numbers -- More uses of complex numbers -- Wizard mathematics -- Nineteenth century, cauchy, and the beginning of complex function theory.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Reading Library: University Library: 3rd Floor||512.788-NAH|