- 1405181532 (e-book)
- 9781405181532 (e-book)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format: Also available in printed form.
- Reproduction available: Electronic reproduction. Dawson Books. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System details: Use the Find It button to locate the e-book
- Introduction, Sucking balls and fucking off : an introduction to the bothersome South Park and philosophy / Robert Arp -- Flatulence and philosophy : a lot of hot air, or the corruption of youth? / William W. Young III -- Is it okay to laugh at South Park? / Catherine Yu -- Blasphemous humor in South Park / Kevin J. Murtagh -- Chewbacca defense : a South Park logic lesson / Robert Arp -- You know, I learned something today : Stan Marsh and the ethics of belief / Henry Jacoby -- Respect my authorita! Is Cartman "the law", and even if he is, why should we obey him? / Mark D. White -- Oh my God! They killed Kenny ... again : Kenny and existentialism / Karin Fry -- Philosophical passion of the Jew : Kyle the philosopher / William J. Devlin -- Invisible gnomes and the invisible hand : South Park and libertarian philosophy / Paul A. Cantor -- South Park and the open society : defending democracy through satire / David Valleau Curtis and Gerald J. Erion -- "Vote or die, bitch"-- the myth that every vote counts and the pitfalls of a two-party system / John Scott Gray -- They satirized my prophet ... those bastards! South Park and blasphemy / David R. Koepsell -- You can't get married, you're faggots : Mrs. Garrison and the gay marriage debate / Jacob M. Held -- Just don't kill baby cows / Cynthia McWilliams -- Four-assed monkeys : genetics and gen-ethics in small-town Colorado / Scott Calef -- Raisins, whores, and boys : gender and sexuality in South Park / Ellen Miller -- AWESOM-O and the possibility and implications of artificial intelligence / Randall M. Jensen -- Stan's future self and evil Cartman : personal identity in South Park / Shai Biderman -- Cartmanland and the problem of evil / David Kyle Johnson -- Religious pluralism and the Super Best Friends / Jeffrey Dueck -- Aesthetic value, ethos, and Phil Collins : the power of music in South Park / Per F. Broman -- Satan Lord of Darkness in South Park cosmology / Dale.
- Electronic books.
- 'South Park and Philosophy' is a smart and candid look at one of television's most subversive and controversial shows. The text addresses the perennial questions of the show, and the contemporary social and political issues that inspire each episode.