South Park and philosophy : you know, I learned something today / edited by Robert Arp.
- Oxford : Blackwell 2007
- 1405181532 (e-book)
- 9781405181532 (e-book)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format: Also available in printed form.
- Reproduction available: Electronic reproduction. Dawson Books. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System details: Use the Find It button to locate the e-book
- Introduction, Sucking balls and fucking off : an introduction to the bothersome South Park and philosophy / Robert Arp -- Flatulence and philosophy : a lot of hot air, or the corruption of youth? / William W. Young III -- Is it okay to laugh at South Park? / Catherine Yu -- Blasphemous humor in South Park / Kevin J. Murtagh -- Chewbacca defense : a South Park logic lesson / Robert Arp -- You know, I learned something today : Stan Marsh and the ethics of belief / Henry Jacoby -- Respect my authorita! Is Cartman "the law", and even if he is, why should we obey him? / Mark D. White -- Oh my God! They killed Kenny ... again : Kenny and existentialism / Karin Fry -- Philosophical passion of the Jew : Kyle the philosopher / William J. Devlin -- Invisible gnomes and the invisible hand : South Park and libertarian philosophy / Paul A. Cantor -- South Park and the open society : defending democracy through satire / David Valleau Curtis and Gerald J. Erion -- "Vote or die, bitch"-- the myth that every vote counts and the pitfalls of a two-party system / John Scott Gray -- They satirized my prophet ... those bastards! South Park and blasphemy / David R. Koepsell -- You can't get married, you're faggots : Mrs. Garrison and the gay marriage debate / Jacob M. Held -- Just don't kill baby cows / Cynthia McWilliams -- Four-assed monkeys : genetics and gen-ethics in small-town Colorado / Scott Calef -- Raisins, whores, and boys : gender and sexuality in South Park / Ellen Miller -- AWESOM-O and the possibility and implications of artificial intelligence / Randall M. Jensen -- Stan's future self and evil Cartman : personal identity in South Park / Shai Biderman -- Cartmanland and the problem of evil / David Kyle Johnson -- Religious pluralism and the Super Best Friends / Jeffrey Dueck -- Aesthetic value, ethos, and Phil Collins : the power of music in South Park / Per F. Broman -- Satan Lord of Darkness in South Park cosmology / Dale.
- Paperback: ; ISBN: 9781405161602
- Electronic books.
- https://catalogue.solent.ac.uk/openurl/44SSU_INST/44SSU_INST:VU1?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=990096976670204796 ; One person at a time can access this ebook.
- http://whel-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/openurl/44WHELF_CAR/44WHELF_CAR_services_page?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=9911083633402420 ; <b>This title has 200 credits – each access will use up 1 credit.</b>
- Table of contents only http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip072/2006032843.html
- 'South Park and Philosophy' is a smart and candid look at one of television's most subversive and controversial shows. The text addresses the perennial questions of the show, and the contemporary social and political issues that inspire each episode.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||YK.2007.a.11159|
|British Library||Table of contents only Online location|
|University of Cambridge Libraries||Table of contents only Online location|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: Order in West Room (Not borrowable)||2009.9.2995|
|Cardiff University Libraries||Online location|
|Cardiff University Libraries||Online location||<b>This title has 200 credits – each access will use up 1 credit.</b>|
|University of Dundee: Main Library||791.457 2 S 726|
|University of Essex: Request from store -- Store 2||B 68|
|University of Hull: BJL 6th Floor||PN 1992.77 S7267 S7|
|University of Leeds Library||Online location||View this book online, via DawsonERA, both on- and off-campus|
|University of Leeds Library: Online resource||Electronic book (DawsonERA PDA3)|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||PB8.208.606/9|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||Table of contents only Online location|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2007 MB 35969|
|University of Oxford Libraries||Table of contents only Online location|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Bodleian Library||M08.E09335|
|Royal Holloway, University of London: Contact the Library||Dawsonera PDA||Full text available from Dawsonera PDA|
|Solent University||Online location||One person at a time can access this ebook.|
|University of Sunderland||Table of contents only Online location|
|University of Sunderland: St Peter's Library||791.433 A76||28 Day Loan|
|University of Sussex Library: Main Library||PN 1992.77 SOU|
|Trinity College Dublin Library||Table of contents only Online location|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Ussher Library||PL-472-238|