British secret projects : fighters & bombers, 1935-1950 / Tony Buttler.
- Hinckley : Midland 2004
- Includes bibliographical references (page 237) and index.
- Fighter planes Great Britain History 20th century.
- Jet planes, Military Great Britain History 20th century.
- Air power Great Britain History 20th century.
- Air power.
- Fighter planes.
- Jet planes, Military.
- Bombers Great Britain History.
- Bombers Great Britain Design and construction.
- Fighter planes Great Britain History.
- Fighter planes Great Britain Design and construction.
- Great Britain.
- This title completes a trilogy covering the design and development of British fighters and bombers from the end of the biplane era to the present day. This new volume again emphasizes the designs that were never flown. It covers aircraft projects that were prepared from the mid-1930s onwards and that were influenced by the growing threat of another war with Germany, through to some projects which appeared after the war was over. The latter includes early jets such as the Attacker, Sea.
- Hawk and Venom, which all flew post-war but were designed to wartime or immediate post-war requirements. Among the designs featured in this book are fixed-gun fighters, turret fighters, twin-engine cannon fighters, light, medium and heavy bombers, torpedo bombers and flying boats. As in the trilogy's first two volumes, these designs are covered with detailed descriptions and data and numerous photographs of models or artists' impressions showing how these designs would have.
- Looked. Unlike the post-war years, details of many earlier unbuilt projects have been lost, but fortunately information on a great number of these has survived, and this will form the most complete record to be published on these fascinating machines.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Bristol Libraries: Queen's Building Library||Oversize UG1242.F5 BUT||7 day loan: vacation loan|
|British Library: Humanities and Social Sciences, St Pancras Reading Rooms||YC.2005.b.480|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: Order from Library Storage Facility (Not borrowable)|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||S8.205.325|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2004MC9854|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Bodleian Library||X08.C01733 (Box B000000789112)|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Santry Book Repository||HX-69-935|