Swami Vivekananda's legacy of service : a study of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission / Gwilym Beckerlegge.
- Legacy of service
- New Delhi : Oxford University Press 2006
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -283) and index.
- Incomplete contents Introduction: 'A precious acquisition in the world's storehouse of religious sadhanas'. Part One Seva in the Ramakrishna math and mission: its development and appeal. Chapter 1 : the birth of the Ramakrishna math and mission. Chapter 2: the Ramakrishna math and mission and service to humanity. Chapter 3: understandings of Seva and continuity within the Ramakrishna math and mission. Part two: Ramakrishna as the innovator of the Sadhana of service to humanity chapter 4: Ramakrishna as the instigator of a Sadhana of service to humanity: his actions. Chapter 5: Ramakrishna's teachings on the subject of service and philanthropy: his judgment on the nature of human beings. Chapter 6: Ramakrishna and Seva: some conclusions. Part three: Vivekananda and 'organised Seva'. Chapter 7: setting a 'frame' around Vivekananda's organisation of Seva. Chapter 8: Vivekananda's early exposure to ideas of service. Chapter 9: the beginnings of an idea in India: from the quest for self-perfection to Seva. Chapter 10: Swami Vivekananda in action: a new response to the pressing social problem of modern famine. Chapter 11: Vivekananda in the United States and Swami Akhandananda in India. Chapter 12 : a planned programme of practical Vedanta. Conclusion. Appendix. Bibliography.
- Publisher description http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0635/2006345753-d.html
- Swami Vivekananda, 1863-1902, Indian philosopher and religious leader.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||YC.2008.a.286|
|British Library: Lending Collection||m06/.30877|
|British Library||Publisher description Online location|
|University of Cambridge Libraries||Publisher description Online location|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Divinity Faculty Library: Main Library||16S BECK 2|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: South Wing 3 follow signs to South Staircase, Third Floor||2:35.c.200.32|
|University of Edinburgh Libraries||Publisher description Online location|
|University of Edinburgh Libraries: New College Library (STANDARD LOAN)||BL1280.24 Bec.|
|University of Edinburgh Libraries: Main Library (HUB SHORT LOAN) - Ground floor||BL1280.24 Bec.|
|University of Edinburgh Libraries: Main Library (STANDARD LOAN) - 2nd floor||BL1280.24 Bec.|
|University of Huddersfield Library: University of Huddersfield Library Floor 6 Loan||294.555 BEC|
|University of Manchester Library: Main Library: Blue Area Floor 2||294.555|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||HB188.8.131.524|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||Publisher description Online location|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2007 MA 4445|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Bodleian Library||(IND) Hindu B 1075|
|Trinity College Dublin Library||Publisher description Online location|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Santry Book Repository||HL-293-79|
|University of Wales Trinity Saint David: Lampeter Campus Library: Main Collection||294.555 BEC|
|University of Wales Trinity Saint David: Carmarthen Campus Library: Main Collection||294.555 BEC|