The emergence of rock and roll : music and the rise of American youth culture / Mitchell K. Hall.
- Hall, Mitchell K. [author]
- New York : Routledge 2014
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction available: Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI : ProQuest, 2015. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest affiliated libraries.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Description based on print version record.
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright Page; Dedication; Table of Contents; Series Introduction; List of Figures; Acknowledgments; Timeline; 1 The Early Years of Rock and Roll; 2 Decline and Renewal; 3 The Beatles and the British Invasion; 4 Psychedelia; 5 Rock Splinters; Documents; Selected Bibliography; Index
- Electronic books.
- https://hud.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/openurl/44HUD_INST/44HUD_INST:Services?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=991002083567504221 ; Ebook Central Perpetual, DDA and Subscription Titles
- Rock and roll music evolved in the United States during the late 1940s and 1950s, as a combination of African American blues, country, pop, and gospel music produced a new musical genre. Even as it captured the ears of the nation, rock and roll was the subject of controversy and contention. The music intertwined with the social, political, and economic changes reshaping America and contributed to the rise of the youth culture that remains a potent cultural force today. A comprehensive understanding of post-World War II U.S. history would be incomplete without a basic knowledge of this cultu
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of the Arts, London||Online location|
|University of the Arts, London: Electronic Resources, e-Books|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||YC.2014.a.14535|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: South Front, Floor 1 (incl. Corridor)||M556:5.c.201.37|
|Edinburgh Napier University: Merchiston Library: Main stock||781.660973 HAL|
|University of Huddersfield Library||Online location||Ebook Central Perpetual, DDA and Subscription Titles|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||PB8.215.122/13|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2014 LDB 25342|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Bodleian Library||M15.E03130|
|University of St Andrews Library||Online location||Connect to e-book|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Ussher Library||PL-591-701|