Infinite worlds : an illustrated voyage to planets beyond our sun / Ray Villard and Lynette R. Cook ; with a foreword by Geoffrey W. Marcy and an afterword by Frank Drake.
- Berkeley : University of California Press ©2005
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 239-240) and index.
- Cosmic evolution : setting the stage for planets -- Stars : the genesis machines -- Solar system clues -- Planetary bonanza -- Looking for habitable planets and life -- Galaxy odyssey -- Life in an evolving universe.
- Online version:: Villard, Ray. Infinite worlds. Berkeley : University of California Press, ©2005
- Table of contents http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0420/2004016540.html
- Table of contents http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0420/2004016540.html
- Publisher description http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0641/2004016540-d.html
- Contributor biographical information http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0735/2004016540-b.html
- The Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund Home Page http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017.12/366197
- Publisher description http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0641/2004016540-d.html
- In the past ten years, fast-paced developments in astronomy have revealed over 140 extrasolar planets--with more discoveries on the way. The newly discovered planets boggle astronomers' minds with their bizarre characteristics, including an unimagined diversity of sizes and orbits. Though it will be years before we have direct images of these far-flung worlds, this lavishly illustrated book gives us an idea of what they might look like. It brings together Lynette Cook's renowned astronomical artwork, dramatic images from top observatories, and scientific findings on subjects ranging from the big bang and stellar evolution to a possible universe filled with countless planets and life forms.--From publisher description.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Bristol Libraries||Table of contents Online location|
|University of Bristol Libraries||Contributor biographical information Online location|
|University of Bristol Libraries||Publisher description Online location|
|University of Bristol Libraries||The Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund Home Page Online location|
|University of Bristol Libraries: Queen's Building Library||QB820 VIL||7 day loan: vacation loan|
|British Library: Humanities and Social Sciences, St Pancras Reading Rooms||LC.31.a.4993|
|British Library||Table of contents Online location|
|University of Cambridge Libraries||Table of contents Online location|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: Order in Reading Room||C200.a.758|
|University of Dundee: Duncan of Jordanstone||523.24 VIL|
|University of Dundee: Duncan of Jordanstone||520 VIL|
|National Library of Scotland||Table of contents only Online location|
|National Library of Scotland||Publisher description Online location|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||HB188.8.131.52|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2005MC4742|
|Open University Library: First Floor Open Shelves||523.24 VIL|
|University of Oxford Libraries||Table of contents Online location|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Radcliffe Science Library||05.A00148 (Box B000000480444)|
|Trinity College Dublin Library||Table of contents Online location|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Santry Book Repository||HX-73-615|