Elementary number theory / David M. Burton.
- 5th ed.
- Boston : McGraw-Hill ©2002
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 364-369) and index.
- Previous ed.: 1998.
- Some preliminary considerations -- Divisibility theory in the integers -- Primes and their distribution -- The theory of congruences -- Fermat's theorem -- Number-theoretic functions -- Euler's generalization of Fermat's theorem -- Primitive roots and indices -- The quadratic reciprocity law -- Perfect numbers -- The Fermat conjecture -- Representation of integers as sums of squares -- Fibonacci numbers -- Continued fractions -- Some Twentieth-century developments.
- Table of contents http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/mh021/2001030785.html
- This text provides a simple account of classical number theory, as well as some of the historical background in which the subject evolved. It is intended for use in a one-semester, undergraduate number theory course.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||YK.2002.a.12370|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Clare College (Forbes Mellon Library ): Main Library||512.7 BUR|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Homerton College Library: Main Library||512.72 BUR||Library holds one copy|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Jesus College: > Quincentenary Library||ARL 2 Bur|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Moore Library: Main Library||QA241 .B87 2002|
|University of Cambridge, King's College: King's College: Main Library||ANT T Burt|
|Coventry University: Floor 1||512.7|
|University of Glasgow Library: University Library Level 5||Mathematics 1000 2002-B|
|King's College London Library: Maughan Library ; [Science books]||QA241 BUR||Four week|
|University of Leeds Library: Edward Boyle Library, level 11||Mathematics C-0 BUR|
|University of Manchester Library: Contact the Main Library||512.7|
|University of Manchester Library: Main Library: Blue Area Floor 2||512.7|
|Manchester Metropolitan University||Table of contents Online location|
|Manchester Metropolitan University||Publisher description Online location|
|Manchester Metropolitan University: All Saints Library 1st floor: east wing - 2 week loan||512.72 BUR|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||S4.203.0809|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2003MB6991|
|University of Nottingham Libraries: George Green Library|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Radcliffe Science Library: Vere Harmsworth Library Stack||QA241 BUR 2002|
|University of Salford: Clifford Whitworth Library||512.72 BUR|
|University of Sheffield Library: Information Commons Main sequence||512.72 (B)|
|University of Strathclyde Library: Standard Loan||MLD D 512.72 BUR|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Santry Book Repository||HL-259-539|
|University of York Libraries||Table of contents Online location|
|University of York Libraries: University Library: Morrell - Ordinary||S 2.81 BUR|