Tangata o te moana nui = : The evolving identities of Pacific peoples in Aotearoa/New Zealand / edited by Cluny Macpherson, Paul Spoonley, Melani Anae.
- Translation: The evolving identities of Pacific peoples in Aotearoa/New Zealand
- Palmerston North : Dunmore Press 2001
- Includes bibliographical notes and index.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 293-313) and index.
- 1. The context. Who are the 'Pacific peoples'? : ethnic identification and the New Zealand census / Richard Bedford and Robert Didham; The shape of the future : on the demography of Pacific people / Len Cook, Robert Didham and Mansoor Khawaja; One trunk sends out many branches : Pacific cultures and cultural identities / Cluny Macpherson; Transnational Pacific communities : transforming the politics of place and identity / Paul Spoonley. 2. Individual transformations. The new 'Vikings of the sunrise' : New Zealand-borns in the information age / Melani Anae; Beyond the Paradise myth : sexuality and identity / Fuimaono Karl Pulotu-Endemann and Carmel Leinatioletuitoga Peteru; Naming myself : some reflections on multiple identities / Selina Tusitala Marsh; Hibiscus in the flax bush : the Maori-Pacific Island interface / Tracey McIntosh. 3. Institutional transformations. Samoans and gender : some reflections on male, female and Fa' afafine gender identities / Tamasailau Sua' ali'i; New religions, new identities : the changing contours of religious commitment / Feiloaiga Taule 'ale 'ausumai; Pasefika languages and Pasefika identities : contemporary and future challenges / Galumalemana Hunkin-Tuiletufuga; We are what we play : Pacific peoples, sport and identity in Aotearoa / Tasileta Te 'evale; Rap music and Pacific identity in Aotearoa : popular music and the politics of opposition / Kirsten Zemke-White. 4. Some political issues. Pacific peoples' identities and social services in New Zealand : creating new options / Pa 'u Tafaogalupe Mulitalo-Lauta; On the campaign trail : reflections of a 'Pacific Island' MP / Anae Arthur Anae; A Pacific vision : the search for opportunity / Fuimaono Les McCarthy.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||YA.2001.a.20285|
|British Museum Library: Anthropology Library||KXN [MAC-]|
|University of East Anglia Library: Sainsbury Research Unit: Shelves||NKT 152 MAC|
|Senate House Library, University of London: Institute of Commonwealth Studies, 6th Floor||DU425.P1 TAN|