- 3rd ed.
- Oxford : Blackwell Science 1996
- 9780865428454 (hbk.)
- 086542845X (hbk.)
- 9780632038015 (pbk.)
- 0632038012 (pbk.)
- Formerly CIP.
- Previous ed.: 1990.
- Includes bibliographical references ((p. 971-1029) and indexes).
- Previous ed.: 1990
- System requirements for CD-ROM (Windows): Windows 3.1X; 486 DX2 processor; 16 Mb RAM; 10 MB free hard disk space; 256 colour screen drive; Double speed CD-ROM drive; Sound card.
- System requirements Macintosh: 68030 processor; 16 Mb RAM; System 7.x; Double speed CD-ROM drive.
- This text is revised to reflect the fundamental changes that have occurred in the teaching of ecology. In many universities, emphasis is being given to applied issues and a whole new vocabulary has entered the syllabus to accommodate such areas as biodiversity, global warming and sustainability.