History of the Byzantine state / [by] George Ostrogorsky. Translated from the German by Joan Hussey. With a foreword by Peter Charanis.
- Ostrogorsky, Georg [author]
- Geschichte des byzantinischen Staates. English
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press 2009
- Translation of Geschichte des byzantinischen Staates.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The early Byzantine state: its development and characteristics (324-610) -- The struggle for existence and the revival of the Byzantine state (610-711) -- The age of the iconoclast crisis (711-843) -- The golden age of the Byzantine empire (843-1025) -- Government by the civil aristocracy of the capital (1025-81) -- The rule of the military aristocracy (1081-1204) -- Latin rule and the restoration of the Byzantine empire (1204-82) -- The decline and fall of the Byzantine empire (1282-1453).
- cartographic image
- still image
- Succinctly traces the Byzantine Empire's thousand-year course with emphasis on political development and social, aesthetic, economic and ecclesiastical factors.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|Aberystwyth University Library: Hugh Owen: Level F||DF552.5.O8|