Fossils, phylogeny, and form : an analytical approach / edited by Jonathan M. Adrain, Gregory D. Edgecombe, Bruce S. Lieberman.
- New York : Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers ©2001
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Paleobiology: an empirical historical science / J.M. Adrain, Gregory D. Edgecombe, and Bruce S. Lieberman -- Phylogenetic systematics: five steps to enlightenment / Deborah A. McLennan and Daniel R. Brooks -- Morphometry and phylogeny in the resolution of paleobiological problems -- unlocking the evolutionary significance of an assemblage of Silurian trilobites / Nigel C. Hughes and Ralph E. Chapman -- Morphological disparity: a primer / Matthew A. Wills -- Homology, characters, and morphometric data / Miriam Leah Zelditch, Donald L. Swiderski, and William L. Fink -- Landmarks, localization, and the use of morphometrics in phylogenetic analysis / Norman MacLeod -- Cladistic biogeography: component-based methods and paleontological application / Malte C. Ebach and Gregory D. Edgecombe -- Stratigraphy, phylogeny, and species sampling in time and space / Jonathan M. Adrain and Stephen R. Westrop -- Analyzing speciation rates in macroevolutionary studies / Bruce S. Lieberman -- The nature and origin of supraspecific taxa revisited -- with special reference to Trilobita / Niles Eldredge -- The role and design of databases in paleontology / Roger L. Kaesler, Jill W. Krebs, and Douglas L. Miller.
- Table of contents http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0813/2001050314-t.html
- Publisher description http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0820/2001050314-d.html
- Phylogenetic analysis and morphometrics have been developed by biologists into rigorous analytic tools for testing hupotheses about the relatioships between groups of species. This book applies these tools to paleontological data.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Bath Library: Level 4||560 ADR|
|University of Bristol Libraries||Table of contents Online location|
|University of Bristol Libraries||Publisher description Online location|
|University of Bristol Libraries: Wills Memorial Library||QE719 FOS||7 day loan: vacation loan|
|British Library: Lending Collection||8867.441000 vol 19|
|British Library: Science, Technology and Industry, St Pancras Reading Rooms||(B) CF 30|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Earth Sciences Library: Main Library||EASJ.TOPGEO.19|
|Cardiff University Libraries: Science Library: 2 week||560 F|
|Imperial College London Library: Central Library: Level 4||560 FOS|
|University of Leeds Library: Edward Boyle Library, level 8||Geology P-0 Stack ADR|
|University of Leicester Library: David Wilson Library, Floor 1 Yellow Zone||560 FOS|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||S4.204.1352|
|National Museums Scotland Library: East Wing Library - UDC sequence||56:57/F|
|Natural History Museum Library: South Kensington, Palaeontology||15 q FOS|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Earth Sciences Library: Main Library||5A.238|
|UCL Library Services: UCL Science Library||ZOOLOGY 22 c ADR|