Clinical and laboratory manual of dental implant abutments / edited by Hamid R. Shafie.
- Ames, Iowa : Wiley-Blackwell 2014
- Machine generated contents note: Clinical and Laboratory Manual for Dental Implant Abutments Chapter 1) Implant Abutment materialsHamid R. Shafie and Bryan A. White Chapter 2) General information about implant abutmentsHamid R. Shafie Chapter 3) Retaining abutment screwHamid R. Shafie and Scott Martyna Chapter 4) Different implant abutment connections Hamid R. Shafie and Bryan A. White Chapter 5) Prefabricated implant abutmentsPaul P. Binon Chapter 6) The use of CAD-CAM Technology in Implant Custom Abutment ManufacturingJulian Osario and Robert B. Kirstein Chapter 7) Relationship between abutment geometry and peri-implant tissue in the esthetic zone casesDean Morton Chapter 8) Instrumentation for abutment modification and guidelines to uses Hamid R. Shafie Chapter 9) Abutment preparation technique for one-piece titanium ad zirconia implantsHamid R. Shafie and Mary L. Ballard Chapter 10) Cleaning, disinfection and sterilization instruction implant abutments.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web
- Print version record and CIP data provided by publisher.
- Cover; Title page; Copyright page; Contents; List of Contributors; Forewords; Preface; Dedications; 1: Implant Abutment Materials; Introduction; Mucosal Seal; Natural Dentition; Peri-implant Mucosal Seal; Pellicle, Biofilm, and Periodontal Disease; Pellicle; Biofilm; Periodontal Disease in the Natural Dentition; Peri-implantitis; Implant Abutment Material Related Research; Titanium; Surgical Grade Stainless Steel; Cast Gold; Relevant Studies Comparing Gold, Porcelain, Titanium, and Aluminum; Zirconia; Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK); Conclusions; References and Additional Reading
- 2: General Information about Implant AbutmentsTerminology; Stock Abutments; Customized Abutments; References and Additional Reading; 3: Retaining Abutment Screws; Introduction; Basic Terminology; Torque or Moment of Force; Preload or Clamping; Reverse Torque or Detorque; Screw Loosening; Settling or Torque Loss; Abutment Screw Mechanics; Shape and Size; Abutment Screw Materials; Commercially Pure Titanium; Coated or Treated Titanium; Gold; Special Considerations; Implant Connection Types; Single versus Multi-unit Implant Restorations; Achieving Optimal Torque; Torque-limiting Devices
- Screw DriversAbutment Screw Failure; Screw Fracture; Screw Stripping; References and Additional Reading; 4: Different Implant-Abutment Connections; Introduction; Chronological Development of Abutment Connections; External Hex Connections; External Connection; Retaining Prosthetic Screw; Rotational Misfit and Screw Loosening; Internal Connections; Force Distributions; Rotational Misfit and Screw Loosening; Esthetics; Microbial Seal; Superior Joint Strength; Platform Switching; Comparison of Different Internal Connection Designs; Friction-Fit Joints; Slip-fit Joints
- Connection Diversification among Implant CompaniesConclusions; References and Additional Reading; 5: Prefabricated Implant Abutments; Introduction; Chronological Development of Prefabricated Abutments; Recent Developments; Examples of Prefabricated Abutments; Clinical Examples; Nobel Biocare Prefabricated Abutment: Single Tooth Replacement; Nobel Biocare Unaltered Abutments: Two Teeth Replacement; Implant Direct Straight Contoured Abutment; Implant Direct Prefabricated Abutment Modification; References and Additional Reading; 6: Use of CAD/CAM Technology in Custom Abutment Manufacturing
- History of Cad/Cam Technology in Prosthetic DentistryHistory of Cad/Cam Technology in Implant Abutment Manufacturing; Virtual Design and Manufacture of Abutments; Design Process Prior to Machining Custom Abutments; Laboratory Steps in the Scanning and Fabrication of Custom Abutments; Virtual Abutment Design of Custom Abutments; Machine Milling of Custom Abutments; Finishing Metallic Custom Abutments; Custom Abutment Inspection; Ordering an Atlantis Patient-specific Abutment; Abutment Placement Using Sulcular Stretching; Clinical Examples; CAD/CAM Designed Custom Abutments; Sulcular Stretching
- Shafie, Hamid R. [editor]
- Print version:: Clinical and laboratory manual of dental implant abutments. Ames, Iowa : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2014 ; ISBN: 9781119949817
- Electronic books.
- https://manchester.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/openurl?institution=44MAN&vid=44MAN_INST:MU_NUI?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=992981777857801631 ; Wiley ebooks
- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/book/10.1002/9781118928547 ; View online
- "To fulfill the vision for his latest book, Dr. Shafie compiled an immense amount of technical information from a vast variety of sources, including implant manufacturers and designers, master dental technicians, implant researchers, and expert clinicians leading the field of implant dentistry worldwide. He and his expert contributors meticulously assembled each chapter to include only the most relevant and up-to-date content and procedures in a concise and simple format that even the most novice clinician can comprehend. Dr. Shafie follows the same easy-to-read, easy-to-understand format as his best-selling textbook Clinical and Laboratory Manual of Implant Overdentures. Starting with the material science behind implant abutments, Dr. Shafie then describes all of the relevant abutment solutions, providing a step-by-step guide to design and manufacturing of the CAD/CAM abutments and explaining how to adjust prefabricated abutments and one-piece titanium and zirconia implants. In addition to offering the ultimate procedural guide for clinical and laboratory preparation of dental implant abutments, this textbook is filled with useful tips on clinical practice management such as sterilization, instrumentation and trouble-shooting related to implant abutments. With more than 500 high-quality pictures and illustrations, it is the most complete and authoritative resource on implant abutments available. Clinical and Laboratory Manual of Dental Implant Abutmentsis the only text devoted exclusively to an in-depth look at implant abutments. Every dental implant clinician, technician, student, and implant industry insider needs this vital work in their library"--Provided by publisher.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|City, University of London||Online location||Open ebook|
|University of Edinburgh Libraries||Online location|
|University of Edinburgh Libraries||Online location|
|University of Manchester Library||Online location|
|University of Manchester Library||Online location||Wiley ebooks|
|University of Southampton Library||Online location||View online|
|University of Southampton Library: Internet||Internet|