Eocene biodiversity : unusual occurrences and rarely sampled habitats / edited by Gregg F. Gunnell.
- New York : Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers 2001
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- An updated review of the fish faunas from the Green River Formation, the world's most productive freshwater Lagerstätten / Lance Grande -- Paleontological investigations at the Eocene locality of Mahenge in north-central Tanzania, East Africa / Terry Harrison [and others] -- Early Wasatchian mammals from the Gulf Coastal Plain of Mississippi : biostratigraphic and paleobiogeographic implications / K. Christopher Beard and Mary R. Dawson -- Paleocene-Eocene microvertebrates in freshwater limestone of the Willwood Formation, Clarks Fork Basin, Wyoming / Jonathan I. Block and Gabirel J. Bowen -- Unusual vertebrate microfaunas from the Willwood Formation, Early Eocene of the Bighorn Basin, Wyoming / Mary T. Silcox and Kenneth D. Rose -- Stratigraphy and taphonomy of Grizzly Buttes, Bridger Formation, and the Middle Eocene of Wyoming / John P. Alexander and Benjamin J. Burger -- Taphonomic analysis of the Messel Formation (Germany) / Jens Lorenz Franzen -- Paleobiological implications of the Messel mammalian assemblage / Gerhard Storch -- The Eocene mammalian fauna of Chambi (Tunisia) in its geological context / Jean-Louis Hartenberger [and others] -- Gandhera Quarry, a unique mammalian faunal assemblage from the Early Eocene of Baluchistan (Pakistan) / Philip D. Gingerich [and others] -- Paleoecology and biostratigraphy of marginal marine Gulf Coast Eocene vertebrate localities / James W. Westgate -- Taphonomic interpretation of Gnat-Out-Of-Hell, an Early Uintan small mammal locality in the Uinta Formation, Utah / Meg L. Thornton and D. Tab Rasmussen -- A mass death accumulation of Coryphodon anthracoideus (Mammalia, Pantodonta) at Roehler's Coryphodon Catastrophe Quarry (Lower Eocene, Wasatch Formation), Washakie Basin, Wyoming / Elizabeth McGee -- Meniscotherium mass-death assemblages / Thomas E. Williamson -- Taphonomy, fauna, and depositional environment of the Omomys Quarry, an unusual accumulation from the Bridger Formation (Middle Eocene) of southwestern Wyoming (USA) / Paul C. Murphey [and others] -- Basin margins, biodiversity, evolutionary innovation, and the origin of new taxa / Gregg F. Gunnell and William S. Bartels.
- Table of contents http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0820/00052739-t.html
- Publisher description http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0820/00052739-d.html
- The aims of this book are two-fold: (i) to document unusual or rare samples of Eocene fossils, and (ii) to examine what sorts of new and different information can be gathered from these samples that is traditionally not available.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Bath Library: Level 4||566 GUN|
|University of Bristol Libraries||Table of contents Online location|
|University of Bristol Libraries||Publisher description Online location|
|University of Bristol Libraries: Wills Memorial Library||QE841 EOC||7 day loan: vacation loan|
|British Library: Lending Collection||8867.441000 vol 18|
|British Library: Science, Technology and Industry, St Pancras Reading Rooms||(B) GA 55|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: South Front, Floor 5||368:4.b.200.2|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Earth Sciences Library: Journal||EASJ.TOPGEO.18|
|University of Leeds Library: Edward Boyle Library, level 11||Geology P-5 GUN|
|Natural History Museum Library: South Kensington, Palaeontology||15A q EOC|
|University of Reading Library: University Library: Off-site Store - available on request||STORE--97052|