Atlas of the world's languages in danger / editor-in-Chief, Christopher Moseley ; cartographer, Alexandre Nicolas.
- Unesco map of the world's languages in danger maps
- Title of map: Unesco map of the world's languages in danger
- Water in a changing world.
- Atlas of the world's languages in danger of disappearing.
- 3rd ed. entirely revised, enlarged and updated.
- Paris : Unesco 2010
- 9789231040955 (Unesco)
- 9231040952 (Unesco)
- Previously published in 1996 and 2001 under title, Atlas of the world's languages in danger of disappearing.
- Previous title: Water in a changing world.
- "The project was ably managed at UNESCO by my colleagues in the Intangible Cultural Heritage Section"--P. 13.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format: Complementary online edition also available, which does not reproduce the regional and thematic chapters of the print version, but offers additional information on the listed endangered languages.
- Partial contents Introduction / Christopher Moseley -- Cartographic representation of the world's endangered languages / Christopher Moseley -- Sub-Saharan Africa / Matthias Brenzinger and Herman Batibo -- North Africa and the Middle East / Salem Mezhoud and Yamina El Kirat El Allame -- Europe and the Caucasus / Tapani Salminen -- Western and Central Asia / Hakim Elnazarov -- North-east Asia / Juha Janhunen -- India and the Himalayan chain / Stuart Blackburn and Jean Robert Opgenort -- South-East Asia, southern China and Talwan (China) / David Bradley -- Greater Pacific area / Darrell T. Tryon -- Australia / Michael Walsh -- South America / Willem Adelaar -- South America : Andean region / Marleen Haboud -- Mexico and Central America / Yolanda Lastra -- United States of America / Chris Rogers, Naomi Palosaari and Lyle Campbell -- Canada and Greenland / Mary Jane Norris.
- "Languages are not only tools of communication, they also reflect a view of the world. Languages are vehicles of value systems and cultural expressions and are an essential component of the living heritage of humanity. Yet, many of them are in danger of disappearing. UNESCO's Atlas of the World's Languages in Danger tries to raise awareness on language endangerment. This third edition has been completely revies and expanded to include [a] new series of maps and new points of view."--cover, p.4
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|British Library: Lending Collection||fm10/.1073|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Modern & Medieval Languages and Linguistics Library: Main Library||L21.MOSE.1|
|LSE Library: IGO reports||UNESCO (934)|
|National Library of Scotland: Maps Reading Room, Edinburgh (Causewayside)||Map.s.460.08|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Bodleian Law Library: Official Papers||O.UNESCO/2011(9)|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Taylor Institution Library: Linguistics Oversize LC||P40.5.L33 ATL 2010|
|UCL Library Services: UCL Institute of Education Library||Y1 MOS OVERSIZE|