Macedonia : Warlords and Rebels in the Balkans.
- London : I. B. Tauris & Company, Limited 2013
- Reproduction available: Electronic resource. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021.
- Available in electronic full text to members of the University via the Library web catalogue.
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Cover -- Contents -- Preface -- 1. Southern Serbian Prelude -- 2. Historical Introduction -- 3. Yugoslav Republic -- 4. Macedonian Independence and Affirmation, 1990-1999 -- 5. On the Brink of Conflict -- 6. 'War in Toytown' -- 7. The Slide into Civil War -- 8. An Outbreak of Peace? -- 9. Warlords and Peacekeepers -- 10. What Options for Macedonia? -- 11. Implementation of Ohrid -- Chronology -- Glossary of Abbreviations -- Notes -- Select Bibliography -- Index.
- Electronic books.
- https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/liverpool/detail.action?docID=676382 ; <img src="/screens/gifs/go4.gif" alt="Go button" border="0" width="21" height="21" hspace="7" align="middle"> View this e-book online
- https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/manchester/detail.action?docID=676382 ; Click to View
- https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/portsmouth-ebooks/detail.action?docID=676382 ; Click to View
- https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/soas-ebooks/detail.action?docID=676382 ; Click to View
- https://manchester.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/openurl?institution=44MAN&vid=44MAN_INST:MU_NUI?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=992983228594701631 ; Ebook Central Academic Complete
- Macedonia is a Balkan powder-keg ready to explode. A bloody rebellion by Albanian guerrillas demanding equal rights to the dominant Slavs in Macedonia killed and wounded hundreds of people, many of them innocent civilians, and raised fears that the crisis would suck in surrounding Kosovo, Albania, Bulgaria and Greece. International intervention brought an uneasy halt to the internecine blood-letting in the summer of 2001, but rioting by ethnic Albanians in Kosovo in spring 2004 led Macedonia to close its borders amid fears that ethnic Albanian rebels might again stir up discontent. Phillips has covered both the fighting on the front-line and the behind-the-scenes diplomatic intrigue in Skopje, showing just how dangerous the instability in Macedonia is for any hope of a lasting peace in the Balkans.Macedonia - Warlords and Rebels in the Balkans has been awarded the Calabria International Journalism Prize 2004.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Bradford||Online location|
|University of Bradford: J B Priestley Library|
|University of Liverpool Library||Online location||<img src="/screens/gifs/go4.gif" alt="Go button" border="0" width="21" height="21" hspace="7" align="middle"> View this e-book online|
|University of Liverpool Library: Contact University of Liverpool Library||ELECTRONIC BOOK||0|
|University of Manchester Library||Online location||Click to View|
|University of Manchester Library||Online location||Ebook Central Academic Complete|
|University of Portsmouth||Online location||Click to View|
|University of Portsmouth: Online Resources, Electronic Books||Reference|
|SOAS Library, University of London||Online location||Click to View|
|Senate House Library, University of London||Online location||Access e-book on Ebook Central. This title is part of the subscription package 'Academic Complete'.|