Evolution of water supply throughout the millennia / [edited by] Andreas N. Angelakis ... [et al.].
- Evolution of water supply through the millennia.
- London ; New York : IWA Publishing 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other format: Also issued online.
- Ancient gods and goddesses of water / L.W. Mays, A.N. Angelakis -- Water for human consumption through history / L.W. Mays, M. Sklivaniotis, A.N. Angelakis -- History of water and health / Joanna M. Pope, Mark H. Weir, Joan B. Rose -- Diachronic evolution of water supply in the Eastern Mediterranean / K. Voudouris -- Water and water supply technologies in ancient Iran / Seyed Ali Mahmoudian, Seyed Navid Mahmoudian -- A historical perspective on the development of water supply in Egypt / F.A. El-Gohary -- The impact of climate changes on the evolution of water supply works in the region of Jerusalem / A.S. Issar, M. Zohar -- History of water supply in pre-modern China / P. Du, A. Koenig -- Evolution of water supply technologies through the centuries in Crete, Greece / A.N. Angelakis, E.G. Dialynas, V. Despotakis -- A brief history of urban water management in ancient Greece / N. Zarkadoulas [and others] -- Sustainable water supply in pre-Columbian civilizations in ancient Peru and South America / A. Reyes-Knoche -- Historical development of water supply in Cyprus / C.A. Kambanellas -- Water supply in the Middle East during Roman and Byzantine periods / Benoit Haut, Didier Viviers -- Water supply management technologies in the ancient Greek and Roman civilizations / G. De Feo [and others] -- Water supply sustainability of ancient civilizations in Mesoamerica and the American south-west / Larry W. Mays -- Water supply of Athens in the antiquity / E.D. Chiotis, L.E. Chioti -- History of the water supply of Rome as a paradigm of water services development in Italy / P. Martini, R. Drusiani -- The historical development of water supply to Iraklion, Crete, Greece from antiquity to the present / A.I. Strataridaki, E.G. Chalkiadakis, N.M. Gigourtakis -- The historical development of water supply technologies in Barcelona, Spain / M. Salgot, A.N. Angelakis -- Water services in Mexico City : the need to return to the IWRM principles of Tenochtitlan (700 years of water history) / B. Jimenez, D. Birrichaga -- The evolution of water supply throughout the millennia : a short overview / Demetris Koutsoyiannis [and others].
- Evolution of Water Supply Through the Millennia presents the major achievements in the scientific fields of water supply technologies and management throughout the millennia.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||YC.2013.a.276|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: Order in Reading Room||C211.c.1234|
|University of Liverpool Library: Sydney Jones Library||TD215.A58||1|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||PB4.212.238/2|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 2012 LDB 3056|
|Oxford Brookes University: Headington Library, Standard Loan||628.109 ANG|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Radcliffe Science Library||TD216 EVO 2012|
|Science Museum Library: Dana Research Centre and Library||628.1:93 EVOLUTION|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Ussher Library||PL-550-736|