The kaleidoscopic vision of Malcolm Lowry : souls and shamans / Nigel H. Foxcroft.
- Foxcroft, Nigel H. [author]
- Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books 
- 9781498516587 (electronic bk.)
- 9781498516587 (Proquest Ebook Central)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 245-261) and index.
- Description based on print version record.
- Introduction: The Writer as Shaman: The Interconnectedness of East-West Cultures and Civilizations; ; Chapter 1: Malcolm Lowry’s Modernism: Surrealist, Literary, and Political Influences; ; Chapter 2: The Evolution of Lowry’s Intuitive Consciousness: Bridging the Shamanic Divide in Ultramarine, In Ballast to the White Sea, Swinging the Maelstrom, and The 1940 Under the Volcano; ; Chapter 3: In Search of the Souls of Civilization: The Russian Connection in In Ballast to the White Sea and Under the Volcano; ; Chapter 4: The Mexican Day of the Dead: Under the Volcano’s Zapotec, Aztec, and Spanish Roots; ; Chapter 5: Exorcising the Spectres of the Past: From the Maelstrom of Dark as the Grave Wherein My Friend is Laid to the Atonement of La Mordida and “Through the Panama” ; Chapter 6: In Pursuit of Celestial Harmony: The Pysychogeographic Ecosphere of Eridanus in “The Forest Path to the Spring” and October Ferry to Gabriola; ; Conclusion: The Quest for the Regeneration of Civilization: A Taoist Climax
- Print version:: Foxcroft, Nigel H. Kaleidoscopic vision of Malcolm Lowry : souls and shamans. Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books, c2019 299 pages ; ISBN: 9781498516570
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|Durham University Library: Bill Bryson Library, Level 3||813.54 LOW/FOX|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||Online location|
|Senate House Library, University of London||Online location||Access e-book on Ebook Central|