Biochemistry : the chemical reactions of living cells / David E. Metzler. Vol. 2.
- 2nd ed.
- San Diego, Calif ; London : Academic Press 2003
- 012492543X (set)
- 0124925405 (vol. 1)
- 0124925413 (vol. 2)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Previous ed.: 1977
- The organization of metabolism -- Electron transport, oxidative phosphorylation, and hydroxylation -- The chemistry of movement -- Some pathways of carbohydrate metabolism -- Specific aspects of lipid metabolism -- Polyprenyl (isoprenoid) compounds -- Light and life -- The metabolism of nitrogen and amino acids -- Metabolism of aromatic compounds and nucleic acid bases -- Biochemical genetics -- Organization, replication, transposition, and repair of DNA -- The transcription of genes -- Ribosomes and the synthesis of proteins -- Chemical communication between cells -- Biochemical defense mechanisms -- Growth and development.
- Table of contents http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/els031/00106082.html
- Publisher description http://www.loc.gov/catdir/description/els031/00106082.html
- This text is aimed at advanced undergraduate & graduate students who are studying biochemistry. It incorporates the latest advancements in microbiology & immunology & is a reference for basic chemistry & underlying biological phenomena.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Sidney Sussex College: Ground Floor||EBP Met 2|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Plant Sciences Library: Main Library||DE 366(2)|
|Coventry University: Floor 1||572|
|Edinburgh Napier University||Publisher description Online location|
|Edinburgh Napier University||Table of contents Online location|
|Edinburgh Napier University: Sighthill Learning Resource Centre: Main stock||572 MET|
|London Metropolitan University Library: Holloway Road Library||572 MET|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored offsite)||S8.203.0619|
|Queen Margaret University Library: Main Stock||572 MET|
|University of Sheffield Library: Royal Hallamshire Hospital Main sequence||QU4 (M)|