Renaissance art : a beginnner's guide / Tom Nichols.
- Nichols, Tom 1958- [author]
- [Oxford] : Oneworld Publications 2012
- Electronic book available via EBL Ebook Library.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format: Print version also available.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Cover; Title page; Copyright page; Dedication page; Contents; Preface and acknowledgements; Illustrations; Introduction; Map; 1 Realism and religion: early Renaissance art in Flanders; 2 Christianity and classicism: early Renaissance art in Florence; 3 Art and nature: central Italy around 1500; 4 Another Renaissance: Venice and the north; 5 Renaissance and reformation: northern art of the sixteenth century; 6 Between court and reform: Italian Renaissance art after 1520; Conclusion: Renaissance art, medieval and modern; Glossary of terms; List of artists and works; Further reading.
- Ebooks Corporation Limited [distributor]
- The 15th century saw the evolution of a distinct and powerfully influential European culture. But what does the familiar phrase Renaissance Art" actually describe? Through engaging discussion of timeless works by artists such as Jan van Eyck, Leonardo da Vinci, and Michelangelo, Nichols produces a masterpiece of his own as he explores the truly original and diverse character of the artistic Renaissance. Tom Nichols is a lecturer in Renaissance Art History at the University of Aberdeen, UK.