Transactions of the Royal Historical Society.
- Royal Historical Society Transactions
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press 2004
- Spine title: Royal Historical Society transactions.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Presidential address: England and the continent in the ninth century: III, rights and rituals / Janet L.Nelson -- The Legacy of the nineteenth-century bourgeois family and the wool merchant's son / Lenore Davidoff -- Pristina Libertas: liberty and the Anglo-Saxons revisited / Julia Crick -- Distance and disturbance: travel, exploration and knowledge in the nineteenth century / Felix Driver -- The literary critic and the village labourer: 'Culture' in twentieth-century Britain / Stefan Collini -- Elizabeth I and the expansion of England: a conference held at the national maritime museum, Greenwich, 4-6 September 2003 -- Introduction / Simon Adams -- Elizabeth I and the Spanish Armada: a painting and its afterlife / Karen Hearn -- A century on: Pepys and the Elizabethan Navy / C.S. Knighton -- Queen Elizabeth and the myth of sea-power in English history / N.A.M. Rodger / Mathematics and the art of navigation: the advance of scientific seamanship in Elizabethan England / Susan Rose -- Was Elizabeth I interested in maps, and did it matter? / Peter Barber -- Bringing the world to England: the politics of translation in the age of Hakluyt / William H. Sherman -- Gloriana rules the waves: or, the advantage of being excommunicated (and a woman) / Lisa Jardine -- France and Elizabethan England / Charles Giry-Deloison -- The King (the Queen) and the Jesuit: James Stuart's True Law of Free Monarchies in context/s -- Peter Lake -- Elizabeth I: a sense of place in stone, print and paint / Maurice Howard -- The Elizabethan idea of Empire / David Armitage -- Scotland, Elizabethan England and the idea of Britain / Roger A. Mason -- 'Never any realm worse governed': Queen Elizabeth and Ireland / Hiram Morgan -- Elizabeth I and the sovereignty of the Netherlands 1576-1585 / Simon Adams
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Jesus College: Webb Library||JES.JAR.9 Jesuan Collection|