The making of the Georgian nation / Ronald Grigor Suny.
- Suny, Ronald Grigor. [author]
- Second edition.
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press ©1994
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Prev. ed. 1988
- Prefaces -- Part One: The rise and fall of the Georgian monarchies -- The formation of the Georgian nation -- Christian Georgia: the first thousand years -- The long twilight of the Georgian kingdom -- Part Two: Georgia in the Russian Empire -- Russian rule and Georgian society -- Emancipation and the end of seigneurial Georgia -- The emergence of political society -- Marxism and the national struggle -- The end of Tsarist Georgia -- Part Three: Revolutionary and Soviet Georgia -- Revolution and republic -- Bolshevik Georgia -- Stalin's revolution -- Stalinism in Georgia -- Georgia and Soviet nationality policy since Stalin -- The Georgian road to independence -- Glossary.
- Online version:: Suny, Ronald Grigor. Making of the Georgian nation. 2nd ed. Bloomington : Indiana University Press, ©1994
- cartographic image
- Subject: Like the other republics floating free after the demise of the Soviet empire, the independent republic of Georgia is reinventing its past, recovering what was forgotten or distorted during the long years of Russian and Soviet rule. Whether Georgia can successfully be transformed from a society rent by conflict into a pluralistic democratic nation will depend on Georgians' rethinking their history. This is the first comprehensive treatment of Georgian history, from the ethnogenesis of the Georgians in the first millenium B. C., through the period of Russian and Soviet rule in the nineteenth and twentieth centures, to the emergence of an independent republic in 1991, the ethnic and civil warfare that has ensued, and perspectives for Georgia's future. -- from back cover.
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|Aberystwyth University Library: Hugh Owen: Level F||DK675.4.S9|
|University of Birmingham Libraries: Main Library, Collection||DK675.4 .S86|
|University of Birmingham Libraries: Main Library, Library use only||DK675.4 .S86|
|British Library: Lending Collection||95/01252|
|British Museum Library: Please contact the British Museum libraries||947.95 SUN|
|British Museum Library: Britain, Europe & Prehistory,||SR 3C|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: North Front, Floor 3||516:7.c.95.34|
|University of Dundee: Store 1||947.95 S 958|
|Edge Hill University: Ormskirk University Library 2nd floor||947.95||2 week loan|
|University of Essex: Albert Sloman Library||DK 511.G4|
|University of Glasgow Library: University Library Level 6 Annexe||Sov Stud D510 1994-S|
|King's College London Library: Maughan Library ; [Humanities books]||DK675.4 SUN||Four week|
|LSE Library: Course collection books||DK675.4|
|University of Oxford Libraries: St Antony's College Library||DK 675.4.S(3)|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Bodleian Library: Upper Camera Gallery Open Shelves||S.HIST.7R.150.6|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Continuing Education Library|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Radcliffe Science Library|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Social Science Library||DK675.4.SUN 1994|
|University of Sheffield Library: Information Commons Main sequence||947.58 (S)|
|The National Archives Library: Main Library - Standard size books on open shelves||947.58|
|UCL Library Services: Store. Visit UCL Library webpages to request access to items in Store||STORE 07-0813/128|
|UCL Library Services: UCL School of Slavonic & East European Studies Library||Geo.IX.a SUN|
|University of York Libraries: University Library: Morrell - Ordinary||Q 47.95 SUN|