Continuum encyclopedia of popular music of the world. Volume 1 Media, industry and society / edited by John Shepherd ... [et al.].
- London ; New York : Continuum 2003
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references, discographies and index.
- Reproduction available: Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2009. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
- Print version record.
- Contents; Introduction; Acknowledgments; List of Contributors; Abbreviations; Arrangement of the Material; Part I: Social and Cultural Dimensions; Part II: The Industry; Index
- Electronic books.
- UK eLD e-books
- https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/soas-ebooks/detail.action?docID=435985 ; Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
- https://library-collections-search.westminster.ac.uk/openurl/44WST_INST/44WST_INST:WST_VUA?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=997145609803711 ; Bloomsbury Popular Music
- https://librarysearch.cardiff.ac.uk/openurl/44WHELF_CAR/44WHELF_CAR:44WHELF_CAR_VU1? ?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=9911649909202420
- 'This is an extraordinary achievement and it will become an absolutely vital and trusted resource for everyone working in the field of popular music studies. Even more broadly, anyone interested in popular music or popular music culture more generally will enjoy - and find many uses for - the wealth of information and insight captured in this volume.' Lawrence Grossberg, Morris Davis Professor of Communication Studies and Cultural Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The first comprehensive reference work on popular music of the world. Contributors are the world's leading po
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||DRT ELD.DS.419372|
|Cardiff University Libraries||Online location|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||Online location|
|University of Portsmouth||Online location||Online access|
|University of Portsmouth: Online Resources, Electronic Books||Reference|
|SOAS Library, University of London||Online location||Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
|Trinity College Dublin Library||Online location|
|University of Westminster||Online location||Bloomsbury Popular Music|