Interpretations of Greek mythology / edited by Jan Bremmer.
- Oxfordshire, England ; New York : Routledge 2014
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format: Also available online.
- Originally published: [UK] : Croom Helm, 1987.
- Description based on print version record.
- Cover; Half Title; Title Page; Copyright Page; Original Title Page; Original Copyright Page; Table of Contents; List of Figures and Table; Abbreviations; Preface; 1. What is a Greek Myth?; 2. Oriental and Greek Mythology: The Meeting of Parallels; 3. Oedipus and the Greek Oedipus Complex; 4. Wolves and Werewolves in Greek Thought; 5. Orpheus: A Poet Among Men; 6. Reflections, Echoes and Amorous Reciprocity: On Reading the Narcissus Story; 7. Greek Myth and Ritual: The Case of Kronos; 8. Spartan Genealogies: The Mythological Representation of a Spatial Organisation; 9. Myths of Early Athens
- 10. Myth as History: The Previous Owners of the Delphic Oracle11. Three Approaches to Greek Mythography; 12. Greek Mythology: A Select Bibliography (1965 - 1989); Index
- Bremmer, Jan N. [editor]
- Electronic books.
- http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/bham/detail.action?docID=1656259 ; Click to View
- https://birmingham-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/openurl/44BIR/44BIR_VU1?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=9933519768904871 ; Ebook Central Perpetual Titles
- https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/exeter/detail.action?docID=1656259 ; Available via EBL. Please log in using your Exeter IT login, if prompted.
- https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/manchester/detail.action?docID=1656259 ; Click to View
- https://manchester.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/discovery/openurl?institution=44MAN&vid=44MAN_INST:MU_NUI?u.ignore_date_coverage=true&rft.mms_id=992976146823801631 ; Ebook Central
- Interpretations of Greek Mythology, first published in1987, builds on the innovative work of Walter Burkert and the 'Paris school' of Jean-Pierre Vernant, and represents a renewal of interpretation of Greek mythology. The contributors to this volume present a variety of approaches to the Greek myths, all of which eschew a monolithic or exclusively structuralist hermeneutic method. Specifically, the notion that mythology can simply be read as a primitive mode of narrative history is rejected, with emphasis instead being placed on the relationships between mythology and history, ritu
Summary holdings does not include live availability details. Select a library name for the full Holdings display.
|Location of copy||Shelfmark||Online location||Holdings Notes|
|University of Birmingham Libraries||Online location||Ebook Central Perpetual Titles|
|University of Birmingham Libraries||Online location||Click to View|
|Bishop Grosseteste University: Main Collection - Standard Loan||292.13 BRE|
|British Library: General Reference Collection, St Pancras Reading Rooms||YC.1989.a.2676|
|British Museum Library: Greece and Rome Library||R&M2: BRE|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Sidney Sussex College: First Floor||LUJ WH Bre|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: University Library: Order in West Room (Not borrowable)||1992.8.4049|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Corpus Christi College: Taylor Library||U.7.BRE|
|University of Cambridge Libraries: Haddon Library: Main Library||PGO [bre]|
|University of Cambridge, King's College: King's College: Main Library||Z PGO Bre|
|Cardiff University Libraries: Arts & Social Studies Library: 2 week||BL782.I6|
|Durham University Library: Bill Bryson Library, Level 4||292 INT|
|University of Exeter Library||Online location||Available via EBL. Please log in using your Exeter IT login, if prompted.|
|University of Exeter Library: Forum Library||292.13 INT|
|University of Exeter Library: Forum Library||292.13 INT|
|Institute of Classical Studies Library: Institute of Classical Studies, Main Library||122B|
|King's College London Library: Maughan Library ; [Humanities books]||BL782 BRE||Four week|
|Leeds Beckett University Library: Contact Leeds Beckett University Library||292.13 INT|
|University of Leeds Library||Online location||View this book online, via DawsonERA, both on- and off-campus|
|University of Leeds Library: Online resource||Electronic book (DawsonERA)|
|University of Leicester Library: David Wilson Library, Floor 3 Orange Zone||883 INT|
|London Metropolitan University Library: Holloway Road Library||292.13 INT|
|University of Manchester Library: Art and Archaeology Library||292.1|
|University of Manchester Library: Main Library: Blue Area Floor 2||292.1|
|University of Manchester Library||Online location||Click to View|
|University of Manchester Library||Online location||Ebook Central|
|National Library of Scotland: General Reading Room, Edinburgh (stored onsite)||HP2.89.782|
|National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru: Contact the National Library of Wales / Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru||PRINT 89MA3258|
|University of Nottingham Libraries: Hallward Library|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Bodleian Library: Lower Gladstone Link Open Shelves||(UBHU) M89.F01012|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Corpus Christi College Library||292.130938 Br|
|University of Oxford Libraries: New College Library: Classics Room||O 3.4 BRE|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Oriel College Library||C 33.41|
|University of Oxford Libraries: Trinity College Library||Bc B 100|
|Queen Margaret University Library: Main Stock||292.13 BRE|
|Royal Holloway, University of London: Royal Holloway library||Davison General One Week 292.13 INT|
|Senate House Library, University of London: Senate House Library HISTORY 6th Floor (63)||LQR Int|
|University of Strathclyde Library: Standard Loan||MLD D 292 BRE|
|University of Surrey: Main Collection||292.1 BRE|
|Trinity College Dublin Library: Santry Book Repository||PL-160- 60|
|University of Wales Trinity Saint David: Lampeter Campus Library: Main Collection||292 INT|
|UCL Library Services: UCL Main Library||CLASSICS GA 58 BRE|
|UCL Library Services: Store. Visit UCL Library webpages to request access to items in Store||FLS N 23 INT|
|University of Warwick Library: Main Library||BL 782.I6|
|University of York Libraries: University Library: Morrell - Ordinary||C 92 BRE|