University of Oxford Libraries
About the library
NBK gives access to the printed and physical holdings of the Bodleian Libraries and most Departmental and College Libraries, as well as some other libraries affiliated with the University of Oxford. SOLO is the library catalogue.
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library inter-library loan codes
- All Souls College, Codrington Library: F2
- Balliol college: H
- Bodleian Library: Policy at www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/ill/libraries
- Bodleian Law Library: SL2
- Bodleian Japanese Library: SL2
- Bodleian Social Science Library: GL2
- Campion Hall Library: H5
- China Centre - KB Chen Library: GL2
- Christ Church Library: G
- Continuing Education Library: G5
- Corpus Christi College Library: F5
- Education Library: G2
- Engineering Science Library: JL2
- Harris Manchester College Library: J2
- Health Care Libraries, Cairns Library : F2
- Jesus College Library: F5
- Lady Margaret Hall Library: F
- Linacre College Library: J2
- Lincoln College Library: F5
- Magdalen College Library: F2
- Mansfield College Library: F
- Museum of the History of Science Library: F
- Music Faculty Library: J2
- Nuffield College: G2
- Oriental Institute Library: GL2
- Pembroke College Library: F
- Pusey House: H5
- Queen's College Library: GL2
- Radcliffe Science Library: SL2
- Ruskin College Library: F2
- Sackler Library: F2
- Social and Cultural Anthropology (Tylor) Library: F5
- Somerville College: H5
- St. Antony's College: G2
- St. Edmund Hall Library: H5
- St. Hugh's College Library: F5
- St. John's College Library: F5
- St. Peter's College Library: H
- Taylor Institution: SL2
- Vere Harmsworth Library: GL2
- Wadham College: F
- Wolfson College: GL2
- Worcester College: H
For an explanation of these codes, and for more information on arranging inter-library loans, see the inter-library loans page on the British Library website.
Can I see live document availability on Library Hub Discover? Yes.
Can I obtain items via inter-library loan? Yes - subject to the library's local lending policy. See their website for details. You must request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff for advice on ordering an item.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - see the library's website for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance, to ensure that they can accommodate you and that the material you need will be available.
Browse all of the University of Oxford's records in Library Hub Discover here.