University of Nottingham Libraries
About the library
The University of Nottingham holds over a million books, more than 500,000 ebooks, 20,000 electronic journals and approximately three and a half million items in our Manuscripts and Special Collections archive, the majority of which are unique to the University. Our library collections discovery tool, NUsearch, is available online.
The University of Nottingham UK has ten libraries located across our UK and international campuses each covering different subject areas.
Our eight UK libraries are:
- Business Library - Collections to support Nottingham University Business School.
- Denis Arnold Music Library - Supports the Department of Music.
- Djanogly Learning Resource Centre - Supports the schools of Education and Computer Science.
- George Green Library - George Green Library supports the faculties of Engineering and Science. Our newest library offers a fantastic choice of study spaces, both individual and group, as well as four language labs, a computer training room and integrative learning room.
- Greenfield Medical Library - Supports the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, and provides library services for Nottingham University Hospitals NHS trust staff.
- Hallward Library - Supports the faculties of Arts and Social Sciences and houses a European Documentation Centre.
- James Cameron-Gifford Library - Supports the schools of Biosciences and Veterinary Medicine and Science.
- Manuscripts and Special Collections - Holds the University's manuscript collections, special printed book collections, and the East Midlands Collection.
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library inter-library loan codes
Business Library: NO/U11; policy code: G2
Djanogly Learning Resource Centre: NO/U-9; policy code: G2
George Green Library: NO/U-7; policy code: G2
Greenfield Medical Library, Queens Medical Centre: NO/U-8; policy code: G2
Hallward Library: NO/U-1; policy code: G2
James Cameron Gifford Library of Agricultural and Food: NO/U-5; policy code: G2
For an explanation of these codes, and for more information on arranging inter-library loans, see the inter-library loans page on the British Library website.
Can I see live document availability on Library Hub Discover? Yes.
Can I obtain items via inter-library loan? Yes - subject to the library's local lending policy. You must request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff for advice on ordering an item.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - see the library's website for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance, to ensure that they can accommodate you and that the material you need will be available.
Browse all of University of Nottingham Libraries records in Library Hub Discover here.