About the library
Journal Archives (a Jisc service, provided alongside Library Hub services) brings together content from 8 major publishers: Brill, Institution of Civil Engineers, Institute of Physics, ProQuest, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, the Royal Society of Chemistry and Taylor and Francis.
The collections are:
- British Periodicals I & II (1681 - 1939): Over 3,000,000 articles from more than 400 historical periodicals captured by ProQuest using microfilm
- Brill Journal Archive Online Parts 1 and 2. (Vol 1 to 2009): More than 80 journals published by Brill, Martinus Nijhoff and VSP prior to 2000 and 154 journals published by Brill from 2000 - 2009.
- Institution of Civil Engineers Virtual Library Archive. (1836 - 2001): Incorporating every paper published by the Institution of Civil Engineers between 1836 and 2001, comprising over 200,000 pages.
- Periodicals Archive Online. (1891 - 2000): Over 288,000 articles from a subset of 80 journal backfiles published between 1891 and 2000 from the Periodicals Archive Online collection.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Journals Archive. (1841 - 2004): Over 238,000 peer reviewed articles of ground-breaking chemical science published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Cambridge Journals Digital Archive. (1827 - 1996): Over 350,000 articles from more than 171 journals published by Cambridge University Press.
- Institute of Physics (IOP) Journal Archive. (1874 - 1998): Over 110,000 articles from more than 50 journals published by the Institute of Physics between 1874 and 1998.
- Oxford Journals Archive and Archive Upgrade. (1849 - 1995): Oxford Journals Archive contains over 3 million articles from over 140 prestigious journals published by Oxford University Press between 1849 and 1995.
- Taylor & Francis Geography, Planning, Urban and Environment Online Archive. (1885 - 1996): Over 20,000 articles from the backfiles of 28 journals published under the Routledge imprint until 1996.
Can I see live document availability on Library Hub Discover? No.
All journals are available on the Journal Archives for searching by anyone, but access to view and download articles is only available if you are a member of UK Higher Education, Further Education, or a Research Council where your institution has a subscription. Please ask your own library for further information.
Browse all of Journal Archives' records in Library Hub Discover here.