Imperial College London Library
About the library
Imperial College London is a science-based institution. It is based across a number of campuses and there are libraries at the South Kensington campus and hospital sites. The Abdus Salam Library on the South Kensington Campus is the largest and provides services for all departments but specialises in materials for taught course and interdisciplinary materials. The other libraries are:
- Charing Cross Campus Library - covers general medicine, nursing and allied professions
- Chelsea and Westminster Campus Library - covers general medicine, nursing and allied professions
- Hammersmith Campus Library - covers medicine
- Royal Brompton Campus Library - covers cardiorespiratory and critical care medicine and nursing, and some general medicine
- St Mary's Fleming Library - covers general medicine, nursing and allied professions
- Silwood Park Campus Library - supports the Faculty of Natural Sciences, specialising in applied entomology, pest management and ecology
The local library catalogue is available online.
British Library inter-library loan codes
Charing Cross - LO/M-1, Chelsea & Westminster - LO/M68, Hammersmith - LO/M30, Royal Brompton - LO/M69, St Mary's - LO/M37, Silwood - XS/U-5, South Kensington - LO/U-6.
All Imperial College libraries are G2 - except Silwood which is F.
For an explanation of these codes, and for more information on arranging inter-library loans, see the inter-library loans page on the British Library website.
Can I see live document availability on Library Hub Discover? No.
Can I obtain items via inter-library loan? Yes - subject to the library's local lending policy. You must request an inter-library loan via a library of which you are a member. Talk to your own library staff for advice on ordering an item.
Can I visit the library to view materials? Yes - see the library's website for access details. If you wish to visit it is advisable to contact the library in advance, to ensure that they can accommodate you and that the material you need will be available.
Browse all of Imperial College London Library records in Library Hub Discover here.